Shailene Woodley’s Difficult Journey to Find Her North Star
Shailene Woodley had a hard time filming her latest movie, “Three Women,” which was released in early 2021. In a recent interview with Porter, the actress opened up about her experience, noting that it was the “darkest, hardest time in [her] life” due to her breakup with former fiancé Aaron Rodgers.
“It was winter in New York, and my personal life was shitty, so it felt like a big pain bubble for eight months,” Woodley recalled. I was thankful that I could go to work and express my feelings by acting out my role.
The pair went their separate ways about one year after they announced their engagement, with a source disclosing to In Touch that Rodgers had “put football first” and neglected their relationship. Woodley also discussed the intense public scrutiny that came with being in a “quote-unquote ‘famous’ relationship,” saying, “It honestly never really hit me that millions of people around the world were actually watching these things and paid attention to them.”
The actress added, “I’m so excited to continue letting go of so many of the things that controlled me in my twenties; to really experience the joy of life in a way that, when you’re younger, is more difficult to experience — because it’s controlled by the way you were raised instead of the identity that you create as your own person.”
Woodley also expressed her appreciation for having the opportunity to work on “Three Women,” which she said gave her “a North Star in a time in [her] life when [her] compass… calibration did not exist.”
She added that the situation was even harder for her due to her being “a very private person.”
Overall, Woodley’s experience serves as an inspiration to all of us to continue to find our North Star and trust in ourselves, despite any struggles and hardships we may be facing.
0. “Shailene Woodley Says Split From Aaron Rodgers Was ‘The Darkest, Hardest Time’ In Her Life” Hits 96, 24 Jan. 2023, https://www.hits96.com/i/shailene-woodley-says-split-from-aaron-rodgers-was-the-darkest-hardest-time-in-her-life/
1. ““My Life Was Sh*tty”: Aaron Rodgers’ Ex-Fiancée Shailene Woodley Calls Her Time With the QB as the “Deepest, Darkest Phase” of Her Life” The Sportsrush, 24 Jan. 2023, https://thesportsrush.com/nfl-news-my-life-was-shtty-aaron-rodgers-ex-fiancee-shailene-woodley-calls-her-time-with-the-qb-as-the-deepest-darkest-phase-of-her-life/
2. “Shailene Woodley Describes Split With Aaron Rodgers As ‘Darkest, Hardest Time in My Life'” Jezebel, 24 Jan. 2023, https://jezebel.com/shailene-woodley-describes-split-with-aaron-rodgers-as-1850024350
3. “Shailene Woodley felt ‘violated’ by public interest in Aaron Rodgers romance” Winnipeg Sun, 23 Jan. 2023, https://winnipegsun.com/entertainment/celebrity/shailene-woodley-felt-violated-by-public-interest-in-aaron-rodgers-romance
4. “Shailene Woodley Details The “Darkest, Hardest Time” In Her Life” Women’s Health, 25 Jan. 2023, https://www.womenshealth.com.au/shailene-woodley-details-the-darkest-hardest-time-in-her-life
5. “Shailene Woodley opens up about Aaron Rodgers relationship” KVOA Tucson News, 24 Jan. 2023, https://www.kvoa.com/townnews/show/shailene-woodley-opens-up-about-aaron-rodgers-relationship/article_39eaa8bc-a010-5c2d-8996-ef6bad464d33.html